An Emphasis on Sportsmanship
Sportsmanship refers to virtues such as fairness, self-control, courage, and persistence. The key component is respect for opponents, officials and teammates.
Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. Either the server is overloaded or there is an error in the application.
1. Full commitment to participation - Showing up, working hard during all practices and games, acknowledging one's mistakes and trying to improve
2. Respect and concern for rules and officials
3. Respect and concern for social conventions of the game - Shaking hands, recognizing good performances of opponents
4. Respect and concern for the opponent - Lending one's equipment to the opponent, not taking advantage of injured opponents
5. Avoiding negative attitudes toward participation
Not adopting a win-at-all-costs approach, not displaying a temper after a mistake, and not competing solely for individual prizes.
Our student-athletes are reminded that they represent The Pine School in everything they do, and therefore, must always conduct themselves with class, dignity, and good character.